Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

Writer by Ramdlon

Reading: I enjoyed my reading choices! I know there were a few that I started, and immediately knew I wanted to change to something more fitting. I think my favorite has got to be the Asian weeks. It’s just interesting seeing what I find familiar. It took a couple of weeks to get used to the overall schedule, but once I got used to it, it was smooth sailing to keep up with.

Writing: The writings have been great! I love the creative freedom we have in this class. I am content with the stories I have been producing, and I definitely feel more confident in my writing. When I have problems, I turn to other readings or wait for a creative epiphany to hit me. This probably isn’t the best approach, but it works for me. A writing skill I want to master is to be grammatically correct. I tend to type the way I talk, and I know that doesn’t always make sense. The more writing we do, the more I notice my grammar is getting better.

Connecting: I admire the variety of people in this class. We have professional writers, engineers, nurses, and a crazy active mom. Everyone is so unique in their own special way. Its great seeing the different approaches they have to writing as well. I hope my feedback has been beneficial? In the second half of the semester I hope to get used to giving feedback. Personally, I feel bad giving feedback even when it’s constructive criticism. I truly enjoy everyone’s stories, so it’s hard to find feedback that helps.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you feel more confident in your writing! That's really nice and I'm happy for you :^). I type totally different when I talk to friends online, so I have so trouble adapting to writing personal posts on here.

    I agree with the uniqueness in this class! It's pretty cool and I'm sure your feedback has been great! I also feel bad when I give constructive criticism because I don't want anyone to take it the wrong way.

    Have a good break :^).

    ReplyDelete