Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Reading Notes: Europa's Fairy Book, Part A

Cinder-Maid (Cinderella) by BagoGames
I like when it starts off like a typical fairy tale. I feel bad for the Cinder-Maid. No one cared for her when she was sad. I just realized this is a twist on Cinderella! The honey at the bottom of the stairs is a new part that I don’t recall in the original? Ah, how are the step sisters so clueless to not recognize someone whom lives with them? The story ends in the shoe fitting, marriage, and living happily ever after.

Beauty and the Beast is such a classic. Love rid him of his beast form and then they lived happily ever after as well.

I don’t understand what a dozen at a blow means… Throughout this whole story I’m lost. There are a lot of animals mentioned, and I think he’s hunting them. There’s some sort of marriage mentioned. He was a hero. Happily ever after ending.

A miller had three sons. They refer to the Earl of Cattenborough by his full title and not just his name like the rest of the characters. This story does not end in a happily ever after, instead it ends in death.


Bibliography: Europa’s Fairy Book by Joseph Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment