Saturday, April 29, 2017

Reading Notes: Inferno, Part A

Darkness by Edgar Jimenez
I honestly love how this starts off. There’s a mysterious dark ominous feeling. Virgil is his guide through hell. There was an intense quote on the outside of the gate. This is one of my fears. To end up in hell and full of sadness and punishments for all my wrong doings. There is so much despair. Another thing is being naked and afraid. Which the spirits in hell seem to possess that quality as well.

Charon is the demon with burning charcoal eyes. He is on edge. In a limbo. But they keep on moving. Even heroes and philosophers end up in hell. All the broken hearted and heart breakers are here. What a world full of pain…

Cerberus is a great worm? A monster of some sort. Plutus is an evil wolf. I keep thinking the name Phlegyas is the word phalanges, bones in the fingers, haha. Aw, fallen angels in hell. Didn’t think that was a possibility.

I chose to read this because of the captivating title, but I’m not sure if I should have picked it. I don’t like to think about this option as an afterlife because I'm a weenie… but it was a really interesting read!


Bibliography: Inferno by Dante Alighieri

No comments:

Post a Comment