Monday, January 23, 2017

Growth Mindset

Challenge by Arya Ziai

I have not heard of the growth mindset or of Carol Dweck before this. The concept is brilliantly eye opening. I am guilty of not focusing on schoolwork as much as a should because I waste my time overthinking all my possibilities, but this semester I am determined to improve and take on challenges. Challenges encourage learning and growth. My biggest struggle is prioritizing schoolwork, family, work, and a social life, so it is my personal goal to achieve a high GPA this semester to make up for my previous lousy semester.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! Getting a better GPA is also one my goals as well. We all have lousy semesters and sometimes we have to work twice as hard in order to make up for them. Having taken this class last semester and attempting to apply this growth mindset to my thought process last semester was incredibly helpful, and it is proving to be the same this semester as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, I can relate to you in terms of not being able to prioritize my overall schedule and life. It's definitely a difficult task when there's so much going on with so little time to even be able to figure it all out. I wonder how some people have the drive and motivation sometimes, even when I do at times. But here I am, two in the morning, trying to finish some assignments up. It gets easier they say, even with your rough patch last semester; I had one too. It really will get better, just gotta believe and do what your poster says! Great choice in motivation!

    ReplyDelete