Thursday, January 19, 2017

Storybook Favorites

Chandler, Rachel, and Monica listening to a story.
(Source: weheartit)

To start off, this is such a clever idea! The introduction actually introduces all the real characters of Friends and briefly mentions their typical hang out location. The descriptions warm my heart up because I am a huge Friends fanatic. The television series named each episode as “The one with ____”, and the writer of this page also named each story accordingly. I greatly appreciate that. It is amusing to see how the stories are based off of ancient legends, which turn to a realistic Friends episode/story. The design of the page is simple and fitting.

Upon first impressions, the pages give off a mysterious and eerie feel which draws me in more. The design compliments the stories and idea very well. The introduction describes a spin on the traditional happy ending to fairy tales, and that is a really interesting idea. I wanted to continue reading because the writer draws you in with suspense of the unknown. It is a very unique approach to something so classic. There is something slightly satisfying about reading a fairy tale that is more on the realistic side because real life does not always have happy endings.

Originally clicking on the link I expected a page that was more luxurious because of the original Gossip Girl television show; however, the idea is precious. The words on the side bar were a little difficult to navigate because the color almost blends in with the background as well. The introduction is spot on perfect! It brought me flashbacks to the show. It built my eagerness to read more about the juicy gossip of Hawaii legends. Sadly the background affected the way I read things because it gave off a dated vibe and I was imagining a more modern take, but that might have been what the writer was going for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment