Monday, January 23, 2017

Reading Notes: Ovid’s Metamorphoses, Part A

This is speaking about all kinds of gods and goddesses. There are many run-on descriptions; the sentence can take up to four to five lines. Leaves, dirt, shore, air, and etc. are written about as though they are alive and moving.

The first rape part threw me off big time. I did not understand what was happening. The second occurrence of rape also did not seem necessary or maybe it should not be called rape. Why is there no consent here…

The name Phoebus reminds me of Phoebe on Friends. I like the section in The Palace of the Sun where it talks about Day, Hour, Winter, and Autumn as people. I can just imagine them in my head. Having a spinoff of those characters would be cool to read.

Earth Destructed by PeteLinforth

Earth Complains really interested me because there are so many issues happening on real earth and in a way earth does deserve to complain. All the destruction humans cause is slowly putting the world in shambles. The dialogue for Earth’s complaint could actually be a real concern. Earth is going to die if we don’t do anything to fix our mistakes.

Bibliography: Ovid’s Metamorphoses by Tony Kline 

No comments:

Post a Comment