Thursday, January 19, 2017

Reading Options

I love reading about tragic love stories, so as soon as I read the part about Zeus’s disastrous love affair I was lured in. I do not know much about this topic, but the overview mentioned Zeus and Phaethon which are familiar names to me. Sadly, the main thing I think of for Zeus is the character in the movie Hercules. 

Siddhartha Gautama by Sacca

Other: The Life of Buddha
When I was in middle school and high school I attended a Vietnamese Buddhist youth group. I did not learn much about Buddhism itself because I attended the temple to make friends and learn Vietnamese. Siddhartha Gautama, enlightenment, and nirvana are familiar to me; however, a lot of other information will be new to me. I am interested to learn more because of my background.

Other: Chinese Fairy Tales
As well as being Vietnamese, I am part Chinese. There is nothing better than learning about fairy tales to be more enriched on a culture. I have seen tons of movies and shows growing up that most likely derived from some of these stories. I am excited to see if any of them are familiar to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment